Baby The Stars Shine Brightly

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Eccentricity In The Dark

Here is a little known fact. The only way I can fully enjoy a movie is if the theater is completely empty. What is it about sitting alone in a dark, empty room with nothing but a bag of greasy popcorn and a soda? Perhaps it is that moment when the house lights fade and the previews begin, and I know that no one is going to walk in and ruin my suspension of disbelief for the next two hours. What happens when I want to see a box office hit? Well, that's hard for me. I rarely ever see a blockbuster on its opening weekend. I just can't bear sitting in a jam-packed movie house. I'm a magnet for discourteous moviegoers who easily distract me and ruin my fun. Why is it that wherever I sit, the person behind me insists on kicking the back of my chair or resting his dirty sneakers on the back of my armrest? For these reasons, I’ll wait several weeks to see a blockbuster. If I wait long enough, great films show up at the Restaurant Row 9 Theatres (Ala Moana Boulevard) or the Keolu Center Cinemas (Keolu Drive) and the tickets cost only $1.00!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home