Baby The Stars Shine Brightly

Sunday, September 02, 2007

My Nerima Daikon Brother


We just got back from the Suncoast Cosplay Contest! My brother showed up as Ichiro from the Nerima Daikon Bros (originally titled おろしたてミュージカル 練馬大根ブラザーズ). He put the costume together less than an hour before we hit the store. The Ichiro costume is quite simple. It's a black Blues Brothers type suit, blue shirt and hat. He even stuffed his pockets with daikons as big as caveman clubs. We actually stopped by the local Chinese grocery store for three enormous daikons. We waited around for about 45 minutes I think before they declared him the Grand Prize winner. It was pretty cool. He won a $25 gift certificate, a copy of Shonen Jump and a little anime poster. I thought they would have given him DVDs but I guess it's better than nothing. He says for Halloween, I should dress as Hideki, the other Daikon Bros. We can do it the right way for Halloween. I told him I was kind of worried no one would know who the Nerima Daikon Bros are. He just wants to have fun and do his own thing though. That's what I admire about him. I don't know if I have the guts though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home