Baby The Stars Shine Brightly

Sunday, June 22, 2008

MACHINE GIRL Weekend


Last night, I had to cover the Chef Du Jour event organized by Easter Seals. It was held in Tamarind Park, between Bishop and Alakea streets. Right in front of the American Savings Building, where I used to work. It was a very swanky affair. $200 tickets with proceeds going to charity. Unlimited food and wine tasting. Hawaii's best chefs were there, including chefs Padovani and Yamaguchi. I even got to snap Chef Sakai from the Food Network's Iron Chef America (his deep friend scallops were insanely delicious).

Before the event, I had a million errands to run. They included:
* Filling up gas at Costco. I paid $30.00 for a three quarter tank of petrol ($4.22 a gallon)
* Purchasing the JUMPER and two copies of THE MACHINE GIRL at Best Buy
* Picking up my developed photos (110 film) at Walgreens near Ala Moana
* Picking up Paul Newman brand popcorn, a case of Diet Coke and 24-bottles of Dasani at Long's.

Chef Du Jour was okay. I did my best to gobble up every plate of haute cuisine there was. But as soon as I hit the road, I had a major craving for a greasy cheeseburger, fries and a soda. It's always like that. Deep down, I will always prefer fast food to all that hoity-toity stuff. I'm a simple person trying to make my way in the universe.

Television and snacks afterwards was much better. We watched JUMPER. Not exactly a brilliant movie, but we had fun. I'm glad the weekend is over. Sort of. I almost want to go back to work.I don't really want to go. But it's the dread of going back to work that sucks. I sorta just want to get this dread over with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home