Baby The Stars Shine Brightly

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Eagle Vs. Shark VERSUS Giant Robot

I just picked up the latest issue of Giant Robot! My girlfriend discovered this on the magazine rack at Borders. When you see GR, you gotta pick it up. You never know when you'll see it again. Plus, they display it somewhere different with every issue. That's pretty infuriating for long time readers. I guess they don't know how to market a magazine targeted at Asian-American readers. Then again, I don't have an excuse for why I keep missing issues. All I have to do is subscribe, right? Anyway, the reason we had to get this issue is because it features an article on Taika Waititi, Kiwi director of EAGLE VS. SHARK. The usual Q & A that Martin Wong does so well. The other cool item in this magazine is a little section that features our great friend Anderson Le, director of programming at the Hawaii International Film Festival. He offers sage advice on the best international films of summer. Thank goodness for GR, the only thing worth reading, period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home