Baby The Stars Shine Brightly

Sunday, April 29, 2007

This Is My Town! I Run Everything! If You Live To See Tomorrow It's Because I Allow It!

I recently picked up QUICK AND THE DEAD for $5.00. That is an incredible price for such a good movie. And to think, I found this title at Safeway in the bargain rack next to the crappy romantic comedies SAVING SILVERMAN and THE SWEETEST THING. I got the last one. I put it off for so long that I almost had to pay $5.99 for this at Longs. I love finding cheap prices outside of the mall. Speaking of Longs, I finally purchased a copy of THE PROFESSIONAL starring a Natalie Portman, Jean Reno and Gary Oldman. I don't think Natalie Portman will ever top her performance as the 12-year-old Mathilda. Jean Reno is always fantastic and it's a pity he doesn't do more action films. None of the ensemble films he has starred in count. I mean I want to see Jean Reno play the lead in an action film again. What else can be said about Gary Oldman. The guy is a total psycho and I like it. His New York accent is amazing in this film. Have you seen him in TRUE ROMANCE? His gangsta talk was over the top but it was also believeable. Pretty good for an Englishman who played Dracula. The guy looks completely unstable in THE PROFESSIONAL. It's scary. Let's not forget the plastic-scalped freakazoid he played in THE FIFTH ELEMENT. Was he supposed to sound like Colonel Sanders? I don't know but you gotta give him props. I don't even know what his real accent is. Kind of like that Colin Farell guy girls like so much. I just saw him on SCRUBS, by the way and he was pretty funny.



Shabu Shabu The Night Away


Last night, my sweetie brought me to a place called Neo Nabe, a great place to experience Japanese hot pot cooking. That was such a delicious and healthy meal. We had a little table in the back next to a painting of a tanuki or Japanese raccoon. Every time we go back, it has to be next to that painting. I have to say, everything tasted like authentic Japanese food. As a matter of fact, for me, that is best it has ever been. I think it's because of the company. That's what's most important, right? We ordered two sets of everything. That means we doubled up on thin-sliced beef and pork. We had two kinds of nabe broth blended into the hot pot. I believe it was garlic and beef. We had an enormous plate of cabbage and onions. I can't remember what else. It was a simple set-up really. When we do nabe at home, I like to get two to three kinds of mushroom, bean sprouts, cabbage, green onions and at least three pounds of meat. But it's nice to make a mess that someone else has to clean up. I also have to mention the delicious dipping sauces made available. Four kinds but my favorite was the sesame sauce. I drizzled that all over my plate. We have to go back. It's that simple. But I think I am going to replicate our meal at home this week. We'll see if we can recreate the Neo Nabe magic!

New Breakdancing Gear


I just ordered two new Threadless t-shirts! I waited too long for these. In fact, the "Battlefield 1986" t-shirt is almost sold out! This afternoon, I managed to secure one of the last ones in mens large. I just checked the stock chart tonight and they only have two left. I also purchased a t-shirt called "Many Many Monsters." I've been dying to get this one for so long. It's incredible it isn't sold out yet. I guess it's kind of a scary design but I'm a horror fan so I guess it's okay. Check these shirts out at -

http://www.threadless.com/?streetteam=jellybands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home