Baby The Stars Shine Brightly

Monday, April 23, 2007

My Favorite Things

MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE, the podcast "dedicated to bringing you news from beyond the mainstream, from future science, ancient history and the paranormal to the UFO phenomenon...an alternative look at the universe around us." If that stuff fascinates you, please listen to this podcast. The host Benjamin Grundy is just amazing. It's hard to find a podcast of this quality. There are so many hosts that sound unpolished, unprepared and so eager to believe anything outrageous that tickles their imagination. I can see Grundy becoming a nationally syndicated radio host. There are 59 episodes but I think you should listen to episode 53 as soon as possible! It features an interview with a being who is allegedly is a reptillian with knowledge of secret alien societies earth. Try it.

MASTERS OF HORROR DVDs. You can find these at Best Buy and Suncoast. There's one movie per DVD and it's only one hour long. THey usually run about 12.99-15.99. I highly recommend JENIFER directed by Dario Argento. I also like SICK GIRL directed by Lucky McKee. I mentioned this film earlier this week because it's fantastic. It features erotic scream queen Misty Mundae and the creepy but captivating Angela Bettis. It's a very different film than MAY. But Bettis always brings a special kind of weird to any film she's in. I'm a total fan now.

ITUNES. Sometimes I find some hidden treasures on iTunes. Recently, I was able to purchase "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by the Dan Band. If you're not familiar with Dan Finnerty, watch the first 15 minutes of Old School. He's the cheesy wedding singer at Will Ferrell's wedding. He starts singing Total Eclipse of the Heart and it's a nice, romantic moment for the bride and groom until they realize he's inserting F words into the lyrics.

Threadless Monday




Hooray for me! Hooray for me! It's Monday and that means the new t-shirts are posted on Threadless. After two weeks worth of designs that don't appeal to me, they finally have a couple I can really wear. For instance, check out ""Battlefield 1986," a design to promote Jamie Kennedy's new film KICKIN' IT OLD SKOOL. Who can resist a breakdancing yeti? I also dig "Cloud Factory" because it's just so pretty. I'm sure the emo kids will love it, but I don't care. I want this one so much.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home