Baby The Stars Shine Brightly

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Orguss Orgroid For Me To Love

I won this on eBay! Bidding ended on July 5. I believe there was only one other bidder. Orgroids in this kind of shape usually sell for ten to twenty dollars, but the seller listed this one as a "Macross toy." It's actually from the ORGUSS anime series from the 80s. I never saw the series, but I had one of these when I was a kid. I was all about Robotech when I was a kid. The original package showed 4 modes of transformation - Battloid, Gerwalk, Fighter and Tank modes. The one I had as a kid broke pretty easily, I think. I remember it lost its arm. Maybe it was two arms. I don't remember. I just know I've always regretted losing it or throwing it away. Thank God for eBay. I got a pretty good deal on this replacement. My winning bid was 2.51. I paid 1.50 for insurance and 5.00 for shipping & handling (total scam...it actually cost 1.00 First Class ). I paid 9.01 total for this beauty. The arms and legs are pretty loose, but I didn't expect tight joints. This is a knock-off. A cheap piece of plastic. I'm probably the 5th owner of this toy. But I wasn't looking for the actual Orgroid. I wanted the one I played with as a kid. The one my dad bought me at Longs Drugs. How I love this thing.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home